How to get rid of the feeling of tightness in a small bathroom? We have prepared for you five practical tips, using which you will love your “baby” and make it more visually
One of the most heartwarming issues that arise from the owners of small apartments - how to expand the space. And in particular it concerns the bathrooms, which often still need to accommodate a washing machine, a laundry basket, and various household fines. That is why we pay so much attention to such an "acute" issue and do not get tired of telling about secrets that will help you increase the bathroom.
If you plan to make repairs from scratch, then immediately think about how the bathroom should look like. In most Khrushchevs, a good part of this room is occupied by a bath, and by removing it, you will noticeably add more space. Of course, this is a radical solution, but quite practical. Instead, you can install a corner shower or shower tray, which, by the way, takes up even less space.
Compact corner sink - an alternative to a rectangular bulky washbasin. And if you choose the option with a small pedestal, then immediately solved the issue with the storage of hygiene supplies.
So, when you were able to free up part of the room from cumbersome plumbing, it is necessary to move on to visual tricks, that is, to expand the space due to the color, patterns, and finishing materials. Now you become a real magician, whose task is to give even the simplest illusion so that people believe in it at first sight. Here are some techniques for this you can use:
- Let it be written a lot about this, but we will repeat once again: the main "friend" of small spaces is the light color scheme. If you really like chocolate or bright shades, then use them as accents.
- Small tiles are ready to transform your "crumbs." There is even such an unspoken rule: the smaller the tile, the more the room seems, but a large tile is able to visually “eat space”.
- The mirror in this bathroom should be required. Desirable large size. It is not possible to hang a mirror of impressive size? Go to the trick, for example, use open mirrored shelves or lay out part of the walls with mirror tiles.
- Vertical and horizontal stripes - to help! Vertical stripes create an excellent illusion, raise the ceilings visually and make the interior of the bathroom interesting. Horizontal stripes expand the visual boundaries of space, but are also suitable for rooms with high ceilings, since they slightly “lower” them.
Whatever the size of the bathroom, but if there is no order in it, it will always seem smaller than it actually is. Therefore, use all hiding places to hide the maximum number of bubbles, jars and other hygiene items. For the role of caches fit places under the sink and under the bathroom, if you decide to leave it.
Suspended corner lockers can be good helpers. It is desirable - with mirrored or glossy doors, so that light is reflected from them (thereby also increasing space). Yes, many recommend doing open shelves in small bathrooms, but if you store very personal hygiene items here, you will not want to show them off.
- Make sure that the bathroom does not accumulate a lot of bottles with gels and shampoos, constantly conduct an audit, as even the most beautiful, stylish and expensive repairs can be spoiled by confusion.
Focus on the floor
It is equally important to choose the appropriate color flooring. Often for visual expansion it is made out in the same shade as the walls. This creates the integrity of the space, but it is better to dilute such an interior with a rug, towels and accessories of a different color. This will help to get away from boredom and diversify the picture, and if you use bright cheerful colors, you will give an optimistic touch to the interior.
It is possible that the bathroom floor will overlap in the pattern, color or style with the floor of the previous room, for example, a corridor. This technique will create the illusion of the unification of spaces and will affect not only the visual, but also on a psychological level.
Ideal for a small bathroom - minimalist style, where the tile or wallpaper - without patterns and patterns. Are you afraid of making space boring? Use a mosaic, not everywhere, but in small patches. Choose rich shades for it to dilute the monotony of light walls.
Do you adhere to the classics and cannot live without traditional tile or wallpaper with patterns? Then do not give preference to large drawings, remember, they visually "eat up" precious space. The same applies not only to the walls, but also to the floor.
- Tile for the floor should be only with a matte, non-slip surface, otherwise on the glossy tile you can get injured. Better yet, put in the bathroom one or more anti-slip mats that will save you from injury and make the room more comfortable.